War of Wizards - Copyright WoW Games 1996-2007
PLAYER NUMBER INFORMATION.
If any player has a 'WoW' sign beside their number, it means that that
player has not sent in orders for at least 3 turns. In the future, they
will have orders automatically generated for them by the computer AI
(Artificial Intelligence). This is to ensure that the surrounding
neighbours of the missing wizard do not gain an unfair advantage by not
having a neighbour, easily conquering the missing player and hence
unfairly building up their power base.
RANKING CATEGORY INFORMATION.
The ranking related columns on the Player Rankings table are rated
according to the related score that you find on your turn report. When
two players have the same score, one is picked at random to be higher
than the other. The different types of ranking categories are discussed
- MILITARY RANKING
The military ranking is based upon the following attributes.
- The offensive and defensive strength, hits and attacks of
all units, heroes, and ships in your empire, with heroes and ships
worth more to your military score.
- The offensive and defensive military buildings that the player has in all towns.
- The castle level in the wizard's capital city.
- MAGIC RANKING
The magic ranking is based upon the following attributes.
- The apprentices the wizard has.
- The levels of magic the wizard has researched.
- The number of research points that the wizard has.
- The heroes that contribute to the wizards magic research.
- The spellcraft level of the wizard.
- The buildings that contribute to the wizards magic research.
- The number of artifacts in the wizards and heroes possesion.
- The number of special magic buildings that have been built.
- ECONOMIC RANKING
The economic ranking is based upon the following attributes.
- The number of completed buildings.
- The number of city only completed buildings.
- The total empire peasant population.
- The fishing capacity of your ships.
- The number of controlled shires.
- The total of your resources.
- The total amount of your gold.
- The number of builders.
- The production potential of your shires relative to population.
- The amount of resources produced verses the amount of resources used.
- The amount of gold made verses the amount of gold spent.
- POLITICAL RANKING
The political ranking is based upon the following attributes.
- The leadership of all the wizards heroes.
- The number of enemies that you have vanquished or helped to vanquish.
- The number of alliances you currently have formed.
- The number of people trying to ally with but are unsuccessful. (Negative Score).
- The average morale of your empire.
- The number of special places that have been successfully explored.
- The number of minstrels throughout your land.
- OVERALL RANKING
This ranking is not based on any of the wizard's scores at all. It is based on rankings that
have been given to the players in the Military, Magic, Economic and Political Rankings categories.
Eg. A wizard may be ranked first in all but economic and hence will have a overall ranking of first
but the wizard with the first place in economic has such a high score that they are rated as having
the best score ranking. Knowing these two features and your scores you can work out in a general
sense just how strong opposing enemy are.
- EMPIRE RANKING
The empire ranking is based on the total scores of Military, Magic, Economic, and Political
scores. Each score is multilped by each other and then the 4th root is taken to find the actual
wizards overall score. This score is then used to work out an empire ranking for the wizard.
NOTE: During the early parts of the game, many players will have the
same score. All of those that do have the same score are placed in
random order. Hence, rankings do not indicate a player's true position
during the early parts of the game.
COLOUR CODING INFORMATION.
For all the rankings tables except the two sorted by player number and empire ranking there is colour
associated with each player within a ranking class.
In these tables the colours have the folowing meanings.
- White - The top 10% for this ranking type.
- Light Grey - The top 25% to 10% for this ranking type.
- Grey - The top 50% to 25% for this ranking type.
- Dark Grey - The rest, 0% to 50% for this ranking type.
- Light Pink - The players that are dead.