War of Wizards - Copyright WoW Games 1996-1999
The Icelands of Shrel'na
"Laniatus terram malorum rerum liberabit"
Shrel'na is the name of the icelands of Guzzak, an unknown and hostile world... The climate on Shrel'na is very cold,
but it has been blessed by the gods of nature and fertility, which made life on Shrel'na much nicer.
In the beginning only Icelanders populated the Icelands, but since the blessing other races conquered
their place on the Icelands. Resources can be found in plenty which attracted many kinds of races:
High Elves, because the forests look greener than any other forest, Dervishes with their trading motive,
Orcs because of the iron and mithril and Gnomes because of the minerals and gems that can be found in plenty.
However, the Icelanders still have an advantage considering power. All cities which are currently built on Shrel'na are
all populated by Icelanders. The greater towns are ruled by mages which are people with great expansionistic
ideas. They intend to subdue the other races to fight for their cause. The problem is that there are four
great cities, thus four great wizards. In the north live the Icelanders of the Sacred Bear, in the south
live more rationalistic Icelanders. They are more concerned about trade. These two groups of Icelanders have
sworn to kill each other. They will both continue until the enemy is gone, or until they are gone themselves...
Shrel'na is used for tournaments. These are the rules of a tournament:
Note that the 'roleplaying factor' is not very high on this world, since the world is more or less symetrical and
everyone has the same sort of regions. Do not expect very much interesting texts, this world is purely meant
as a tournament world.
- There are 4 wizards on this world. There are two factions of 2 wizards. Only one faction can
survive. You can win by completely demolishing the enemies, or when your enemies give up.
- The world is completely balanced, which means:
- Every player gets the same amount of regions in case of perfect expansion. (5.5 on average)
- Every player gets the same sort of regions.
- There are no special places.
- There are few regions which can be hit by a disaster (eg Bush Fire, Flood)
- Each player starts with the same amount of druidic artifacts which are:
1 spirit smoke, 5 spirit lava. So together with your ally you have 2 smokes and 10 lavas.
- Some general rules:
- You need to choose your ally. All players with a commercial account are listed in the
commercial ranking list.
- A knock-out system is used (just like with grand-slam tournaments with tennis). If you loose
then you are knocked out, if you win you go on to the next round. For standard tournaments there
will be 16 competetors (8 teams), so there will be quarter finals, semi finals and finals. This might
vary from time to time, in case of less/more players.
- Each game takes 25 turns (or until one faction gives up/is gone). After turn 25, the empire rankings
of the two allied players will be multiplied and the square root will be taken. The team with the highest
score will be appointed as the winner.
- In case your enemies give up, they will count as being vanquished, giving you more points
on the commercial rankings table.
- Each game will be run twice a week.
- The fee is half of a 'normal' game, thus 1.00 A$ per turn! The normal $10 start up cost applies.
- There are prizes at the end of each round. Players who win round one, will receive 5.00 A$ each,
winners of round 2 will win 10.00 A$ each, and the winners of round 3 will receive 40.00 A$ each. So,
the final winners will will receive overall a total of 5 + 10 + 40 = 55.00 A$ each.
Icelanders manage to live in the
harsh frozen conditions of the arctic lands. They survive hunting the sea
mammals and fish that inhabit their regions. All capital towns are inhabited by Icelanders.
ROLE - In Röle religion is important. Sacred hunters are the common fighters of the town.
They allied with Fralde to counter the threat from the south.
FRALDE - Fralde is famous of its sacred hunters.
Religion plays an important role in the community of Fralde. They are allied with Röle.
TRIGOLDE - Trigolde is the city of traders. They are dedicated to
defeat their so called 'religious' brothers in the north of the icelanders. They allied to Kelna
KELNA - Kelna is one of the four glorious Icelander cities on the
Icelands. These icelanders are well aware of the imminent coming war and have started
preparing themselves. They are allied with Trigolde and trade with the outer lands. Their community is much
harder than the communities of the Icelanders in the north.
This world has been developed by Korneel Duyvesteyn. Send bugs,
spelling mistakes, remarks, questions and other feedback about this world to him. He can issue
rewards for possible bugs and spelling mistakes.
Disclaimer Message from the creator: WoW games is NOT responsible for any bugs/unbalanced
things (if possible) on this world unless it is caused by the program itself or by other programs of the WoW
Off To Home Page.